Monday, December 10, 2012

Day 1 of our maiden voyage "Headed to the Keys"

Wow!!! What can I say!! This day has been a totally new adventure for us and really out of my comfort zone!!! The day started around 8am at Harborwalk Marina where we live in Georgetown, SC. Was foggy but 61 degrees when we untied our home The Sursum Corda and left Georgetown. The intercostal waterway was beautiful and dolphin were everywhere today. We have made this trip 2 other times to Charleston, SC in the past year so it was familiar territory. After making our way through the LARGE Charleston Harbor, we choose to anchor just outside of the Charleston Harbor on the ICW (intracoastal waterway). Well our first and Lexie's first time on the dinghy to get to land and potty was interesting. Rod thought it was wonderful and all went well. WELL, I think it could have went smoother and I learner a lot about how to get into and out of a small floating boat!! ha. Lexie did too (she really did need to go potty) so she was very willing to listen and do as we ask!!! After our walk,and it had gotten dark, back on the boat we came and did a few clean up details and I prepare great BBQ sandwiches and seasoned fries for dinner (thanks to Charlie and Pam we had some great NC BBQ). So wished I had been better prepared and taken a pic of the most beautiful sunset ever!! I will post one tomorrow night. Its 9:40 pm and Rod is snoring, Lexie's under the covers and 6am comes early!!! So better put my head on the pillow also!!! love to all of you!! Blessings!! Fran

No comments: