Thursday, December 13, 2012

Day 4 of our voyage "Headed to the Keys" 12/13/12

COLD!!! That's a great word for today!! Thank God, no rain but from what I have seen on the weather, the whole east coast is cold!!, Well it is December and last week in Georgetown it was 78 degrees!! We have traveled 68 Miles today and most of it has been in marshland. So,other than seeing a beautiful place called Isle of Hope just south of Savannah, we have not seen much, a few dolphin and many seagulls following the boat!! Lexie thinks that is a real treat!! Good day to wash clothes and clean house a little. I thought this was vacation!! ha. Oh I forgot we brought the house with us!!! We threw out anchor out of Savannah about 68 miles just on the back side of Blackbeard Island. This is south of Sapelo Sound still in good old Georgia (now go find that on a map!!). We are now sitting on our back deck after a dinghy ride to a small island for Lexie to do her thing and run run run!! She had a blast and got all sandy chasing the birds!! So I guess it is bath time now!! Rod and I are drinking coffee and sitting on the back deck enjoying the evening and hoping to see a sunset. BUT as it has been all day, we have not even seen the sun!! We still know that the sun will shine again and we await it patiently !!
Love to all, Fran
Attached are a few pics: Rod working his paper charts as he still does not trust our new computer program to lead us!! One of Lexie's ride to dry land!! And the island she played on this evening. This is new for me so I will keep trying till I get it right!!!





No comments: