Friday, December 8, 2017

Florida Bound 12.8.17 Hilton Head,SC.

6 am the clock goes off!!! I thought I was retired!!! Lol.  Travel on the water requires an early start so off we go again another day on the waterway. If I would copy and paste yesterday’s post it would be almost identical!  Ha.  The weather unchanged (still cold), rain all day, and cloudy! We have not seen the sun now in 2days. But I guess I should be grateful as I heard from my daughter Sherry today and it is raining huge flakes of frozen water in Charlotte and the I heard it was also doing the same in Durham, NC at my brothers. So I guess I should count my blessings!! Lol
We traveled 84 miles today (which is a good day at 8-10 MPH), and anchored around 4:30pm in Hilton Head,SC. in a cove called Skull Creek.  It is a little windy tonight as the wind is blowing at 10mph. We have a great anchor so we are holding tight!!
We had a great supper of baked BBQ pork chops, steamed broccoli, and a cherry tomato salad!! 
Rods working on his paper charts (he loves steadying them even though we have a computer navigation system ha). He has now predicted we will arrive in Sanford in 5 days, if all go as planned.
Supper dishes washed showered and jammies on already and it’s only 7pm!!! Lol  We may watch a movie or just read!! Thank the Lord for good internet as it does give us some intertainment at anchor!! Tomorrow will be another early day, and by weather prediction, the same as we have had the last 2 days. Oh well, sunny Florida is in my future!!! Hehe 
Judy and Wayne checked in on us today!! They beat us to Florida, from Michigan, by a few weeks!! See you guys soon!!
We thank you for all the prayers of safe travels!!   We love you all, Ms. Fran & Cap’n Rod 
Here are a few pics I took of Rod and his pup Lexie!! Lol and of Lexie hogging the heater today!! Ha





Rod and his side kick Lexie 









No comments: