Wednesday, September 4, 2019

August 31-Sept 3rd 2019 Black Hawk, SD

August 31st we left Boots Campground in Medora North Dakota. What a brand time we have had here in the Theodore National Park. We had not been drinking an hour when a big semi went by us and there a rock and put a dime size chip in our brand new windshield that was replaced 12 days ago!!!  We could hardly believe it!!  So my phone calls started through the insurance company which put me to Safelite Glass repair. The nearest place to us was Rapid City, South Dakota. Se we made a detour change as being a holiday Labor Day weekend, nothing could be scheduled till Tues. I found us a campground between Rapid City and Sturgis that could take us till Wednesday so I could schedule repairs on Tuesday after the holiday. We enjoyed Three Flags Campground in Black Hawk for the long weekend.
Sunday !!!  NASCAR!!!  Lol. It’s a Sunday mandatory this time of year.
Monday Labor Day we made a Walmart run. Bought steaks to grill at the campground!!
Tuesday Sept 3rd just as scheduled the Safelite man had the chip in our windshield repaired in 20 mins. It wouldn’t have taken that long but he was a VW restorer of old VWs so he had Rod had much to talk about!! LOL.  After the repair we took Lexie for her Spa appt at Petco in Rapid City and I enjoyed a Manicure and pedicure while we waited just across the street. Rod went to a Runnings Store (it’s a chain much like Tractor Supply but much larger).
When he came to pick me up we still had time to kill waiting on Lexie so we went back as Rod had found some shirts he knew I would like. And I did so I bought 3 new shirts and him a pair of fleece lined jeans that will be handy when the cold does arrive!,
Leaving tomorrow to head south planning on a few days in Woodland , CO to visit Pikes Peak!!
I’ll keep posting!! We sure are praying for all our family and friends at home as Dorian pass through. Lord please everyone safe!!
Love to all, Ms. Fran & Cap’n Rod







No comments: