Saturday, September 7, 2019

Sept 4th-7th 2019 Woodland Park, Colorado

I just first have to say we have prayed for everyone at home the last few days having to deal with the hurricane Dorian. So far I have not heard of any devastating damage. So glad everyone is safe and ready to clean up and start over.
Our last few days here have been wonderful!! Great weather except one night of about an hour of thunderstorms and rain. Otherwise the days are 75 degrees the nights 54 degrees.
Wed. 4th we left 3 Flags Campground in Black Hawk, South Dakota and drove to Loveland Colorado and spent the night at Cracker Barrel!! Supper and breakfast !! Right at my door!! We drove on to just outside Colorado Springs to Diamond Campground in Woodland Park Colorado. Got set up and rested all evening.
Thursday 5th We needed up staying in all day I just did not feel well and my BP was 90/60!! Rested!!
Friday 6th I feel much better today!! So we took off and drove to Garden of The Gods. What a fabulous park all drive through of rocks the size of houses or bigger!! It is the place of the 60 thousand to. Rock that is totally balanced on a smaller rock and has been for thousands of years. They have proven it is not attached to the smaller rock but perfectly balanced on it!! I real sight to see!! Pics just don’t do it justice. But I took many!!! Lol
We then stopped at North Pole Colorado (a real City) and enjoyed a walk through Santas workshop rode Santa’s train and sky lift to over look the mountains. Need to get back home after that as thunderstorms were predicted around 4pm and we need to be home for Lexie. And sure enough they arrived as predicted. CBD oil did not even touch her anxiety. Now I know I have truly tried everything on the market for her. I’m sad I can’t help her !!!
Saturday 7th We left early picked up sandwiches at Subway to take with us to Pikes Peak!! 20 miles up the mountain 150 hairpin turns but man was it a view 15,000 ft high!!  We parked at mile marker 16 where they have a huge parking lot and rode the shuttle the rest of the way up!! Another 4 miles!!
They are building a humongous overlook at the summit that will be open in 2021 and will be an incredible glass overlooking!!
Little Sparky (our little Chev Spark) made the trip without any problems. Rod liked driving down those curvy roads!!! Lol
Definitely a Bucket List Day!!! Leaving here tomorrow!! I’ll let you know where we end up next!!
Love to all, Ms. Fran & Cap’n Rod


















No comments: