Thursday, February 6, 2014

2/6/2014. Thursday

Good Evening family and friends!!! Hope everyone is well and staying warm. Yesterday it was 85 degrees, this morning we woke up to 57 degrees wind blowing and cold rain!!!  Wow what a drastic change. So today I have stayed inside except to go to Petsmart with Paula. I needed heart worm Meds for Lexie and the vet at home said I could get them at the Petsmart here. So off to Petsmart we went!!! But they tell me they are not a dispensing pharmacy and even with me having a script, they still could not sell me Meds!! Go figure!! I'll just have to wait till I get home, her dose will only be a week late. I guess she will live!!!
Relaxed some today completing some house cleaning and kept Rodney fed as he waxed and scraped paint on the boat chrome that really needed to be removed!!! He did all the handrails with a small little scraping knife!!! That's like cleaning an entire room with a toothbrush!!! Ha  It was an all day job!! So I kept him fed and coffee cup full!!! As you probably know by now his hip has improved a lot!!! We are so thankful. Jim went out for a dr visit today and returned with us a new bike tire. As you may have seen yesterday our tandem bike tire was flat when we got up, I went and got one but it would not fit, so Jim picked us up one today!!! Ok the reason for this story is Rodney stopped his cleaning, got down on the dock and put the new tire on our bike!!! Sooo thrilled with his work he went to pick it up and turn it over on its wheels and accidentally hit one of the borrowed folding bikes (we had been trying out considering buying from a couple here at the Marina ) AND it fell into the River!!!   Being the great fisherman he his, he went and got his fishing pole, hooked the bike and pulled that bike right up,out of the bottom of the River!!! I have attached the pics of the retrieval!!!  Thank God!! What a save !!!! 
Took a nice long walk with Lexie, it's a shame to have to go back to coat, hat, and gloves!!! We now cuddled up on the couch, her under the covers curled up asleep, watching the Olympics!!! Winter Olympics are my favorite!!  I just pray they keep all of them safe while they are there!!!
Just a few days left, it is suppose to be a good travel day for us Monday. I just hope spring will come soon and we won't get back to Georgetown to too much cold weather!!!
Love to all!!!  Ms. Fran and Capt Rod 

Bike overboard!!!! Water was only about 5 feet deep!!!!

WooWhoo!!! So glad he was able to retrieve!!! It is not even our bike!!! 

No comments: