Sunday, February 9, 2014

2/9/2014 Sunday

Good evening to all!!  First I must tell you I have had terrible internet service that has prevented me from blogging the last 2 days!!! And of course the Olympics has consumed a good bit of my evening also!!!ha. Friday and Saturday RAIN rain and more rain!!!! YUK!!! So we spent time preparing our boat to leave tomorrow (Monday)!!! We have had a great time here in Sanford and have so enjoyed all the time spent with our friends Paula and Jim!!!  They have truly made our time here incredible!! Saturday we just had to go back to the restaurant The Black Hammock and enjoy more gator meat, I had a salad this trip just covered with gator !!! YUM!!! Paula  and I completed some last minute grocery shopping as I will not have a good opportunity to get groceries for probably a week maybe more. Now I am well stocked for the trip home. We hope to pull out around 7:30am tomorrow and head back up toward Jacksonville,Fla,then get back on the intracoastal waterway. We plan to stop in Brunswick, Beaufort, and Savannah, for a few days each, if the weather permits. If not we we just come on home. All depends on the weather. I will keep you posted on our journey!!! 
Got some great last minute photos attached that was just too fun not to share. 
We went today,( no rain and 78 degrees today) to The Ole Florida festival. It is an exposition of shooting contest, duck dog time trials, and there was lots of hawks, owls and wildlife shows and of course plenty to eat!!, They had a BBQ and Chili cook off .it was a great day and many hours of walking. 
Most fun, especially for the guys, was a show with Jerry Miculek. He is a sharp shooter that we have seen his shows on TV many times. ( he shoots an aspirin thrown up in the air with a 22 bullet). He has traveled around the world with Smith and Wesson for 26 years. Fun and impressive show!! 
This evening we just enjoyed our last evening with Jim and Paula, going to watch a few more minutes of the Olympics and going to bed!!  Up early, shoving off, by 7:30am. And of course Lexie will need one last good walk on land before we leave as she will get any grass for a few days!! Ha 
I will keep you updated on our dockage each night!!!
Please pray for our safe travel and the health of our boat on the return visit home!!!!!
Love to all, Ms. Fran and Capt Rod 

Rod scraping paint off the handrails of the boat along with his supervised!! She always makes sure he does a good job!!!

His hair is getting so long I made him a do rag to hold his hair out of his face!!  Ain't he cute!!?

Lexie laying with me on my snuggie watching the Olympics!! Well I thought she was watching!!!! Ha 

It's 1pm!!!  He never takes a nap in the middle of the day!!  AND he's snoring!!! hard work deserves a nap I guess!!!

I have not played UNO in years!!!  We had such fun!!! I think Jim is losing big time!!! 

The guys were in their element!!! Pics with the famous Jerry Miculek!!!! 

No comments: