Monday, December 12, 2016

12/12/16 Monday


Ok, so this morning Rod wakes me and says its 7am, we're late here's your coffee, let's get started!! So I jump up put my clothes on, tell Lexie to come on let's go for a walk, and I take the garbage to put in the dumpster!! While we are walking I am amazed it is still so dark to be 7am!! When I get back I look at my phone and it is 6:01am!!!!! The digital clocks in the house sometime are slow to recalibrate when we us the generator!! So we sat on the back deck and had coffee for an hour!! Daylight was up about 6:50 so we untied and took off from Jekyll Marina. In about 15 mins after the crossing of St Andrews Sound, which by the way overall a good ride but I still got VERY nauseated as we pitched and rolled for an hour!! We then ran into the most awful fog bank ever!! This lasted almost 2 hours. It really makes you trust your navigational system!! By then the water was smooth as glass and we muddled through the fog! The rest of the day 72 miles worth, was fabulous!! We decided to anchor at Pine Island cove again in the middle of no where I think about 30 miles befor St Augustine. It was such a warm evening we sat in the back deck and just enjoyed a magnificent moon and discussed our day and the day to come. A great way to end our day! I have many pics and will try to post a few. Saw many eagles today!! And some great views coming through Jacksonville!
Overall another great travel day!!
Love to all!! Please continue to pray for our travels!! Ms. Fran & Capn Rod
Our first viewing of the white pelicans only seen in Florida
Only in Florida do people paddle board in December!!
Hard to see but we watched an eagle carry material up to this nest!! Must be doing renovations to their home!!

No comments: