Saturday, December 17, 2016

12/17/16 Saturday

Saturday Morning!! Just like any other day when you are on vacation!! Lol  Rod gets up early make our coffee and decides he is going back to the Ace Hardware to exchange a tool that he purchased yesterday that is the wrong size he needed. Me I stayed home, drank my coffee, watched a little of the Today's show, then a nice walk with Lexie!! What a way to spend the morning!!! Lovin it!!!
Rod got back and said let's go get some breakfast! So off we go on our bike! It's 80 degrees light wind, What more could you ask for!!!
We went to a local place called Your Place!! If any of you have been to Georgetown, it was similar to Thomas Cafe!! Our local hangout at home!! We had a great breakfast but if I had to put Thomas Cafe up for a vote Thomas Cafe would win hands down!! But I am partial! lol
We then decided to ride the 3 miles to a Hobby Lobby we had seen a few days ago (on the day we had the flat tire and pushed the bike home). Rod needs a tool to pinch holes in the material of our curtains so we can raise them 1/2 way up when we only need a little breeze. He was told at ACE Hardware they had what he needed.
Got to Hobby Lobby and they had the perfect tool!!! Sherry you would be proud of me I pulled up a  coupon on my phone,!! She taught me well!! Lol  A $20.00 tool was just over 11 bucks!!
On the ride home we found a park that was a memorial to the Mercury and Apollo mission crews so we stop and went through there for awhile. Such a beautiful day it's easy to just want to be outside!!
We got back home and Rod worked on the curtains putting in the needed snaps and then a good wash job, me!! I supervised!! He said I was a real good at the job! hehe. Another good walk for Lexie was needed, then I prepared supper and got my ham in the crockpot for the Christmas luncheon at Paula and Jims tomorrow. Showered, PJ's on and got my feet up posting on the blog. Rod's enjoying a movie and Lexie, well she's doing what she does best, sleeping at the foot of Rods chair! All is good!
Love to all, Ms. Fran & Capn Rod
Enjoying our breakfast out!! 

A real locals hangout here!! Everyone knew each other! That was another thing that reminded me of Thomas Cafe in Gt. 



No comments: