Wednesday, December 28, 2016

12/28/16 Wednesday

We said goodbye to Key Largo this morning around 8:30am. This truly is the best island we visit! There is just so much to do here. For some of you that are in the cold part of the country, I know your jealous it was 82 degrees here all day!!! We made the 3 hour trip to the marina here at Lorelei in Islamorada. Such a beautiful place!! But I swear the farther you go south the more expensive everything gets!! Haha Dockage here is the most expensive of anywhere we stay on this trip, but it's worth putting it into our budget, and pinch a penny somewhere else! Lol
We arrived around 12noon today and was greeted by the dock hands to get us into this tiny little dock space and only having 1 1/2 ft of water under the boat is difinitely a trickle parking!! Rod has to turn the boat around in a 50ft area and back into the dock(without hitting the dock poles or another boat)!
We have walkie talkie head sets and I get on the back of the boat and tell him which way to go! Course I do that most days anyway! Lol  We got the boat all set up with water and power hookup, and    Rod decided he could complete the toilet issue, that has not been resolve yet, later on this evening! Off we went in our bike to ride and enjoy this weather and the island! He just had to stop at the World Wide Sportmans center (it's a Hugh bass pro shop) and look around. The only purchase we made was some Key Lime salt water taffy, and we found a cover for our grill as we lost it during Hurricane Mathew.
Since we had fruit for breakfast and a snack of salsa and tortilla earlier, I was hungry!! We chose a place called The Islamorada Shrimp Shack and lo and behold it has been visited by one of my favorite chefs Guy Fiero!!! We had 2 of his signature dishes, shrimp scampi(for me) and  (shrimp & grits) Rod.  Both were yummy and we took home a least half of the dish for tomorrow nights supper! We filled up on complimentary banana bread and we also ordered gator tail appetizer. We we were full before the meal got brought to us! Lol  2 meals for the price of one!! Haha
We returned to the boat and the music here at Lorelei was up and going full force! They have the best musicians here!! And also when the band took a break they have a magician!! He was fabulous! I sat on pthe back deck with a cold drink and Rod repaired the toilet!! YEAH! We flushing again!!! The man can fix anything!! Ha  And me, I'm a good supervisor! I already started  clothes to wash as it will take me 3 days to catch up on laundry!! Ha
It's 10:00pm and believe it or not we are still awake!! Lol
Looking forward to a week visit here before we move on!! We plan to eat good and play hard!!
We are hoping for some fireworks here somewhere on the island New Years Eve.
Love to all, Ms. Fran & Capn Rod.  I wish I could post all the pics I took today, I will see how many I can get to download!
Complementary banana bread
Gator bites these things were Hugh!!
Rods shrimp and grits!
My shrimp scampi!! Yummy
Guy!! One of my favorite chefs!!
This "THING" is sitting in the dock space beside us! Look close it's floating on a barge!! Lol
My view from the back deck!! I can handle this!! Hehe



No comments: