Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day 31 of our voyage "Headed to the Keys" 1/9/13

We officially have now survived 1 month of travel !!!! Seems as though it has passed so quickly yet still feels like we have been gone from home forever!!! Although we did bring our home with us!!! Ha. Today we traveled about 68 miles from Vero Beach! Fla to Titusville, Fla. The boat ran like clock work, no troubles. The wind behind us most of the day so great gas Milage. The Indian River is a hugh, wide and long, so not much to see just beautiful water and dolphins. I read a book most of the day feeling guilty I left Rodney at the wheel most of the day!! 😁 He said he did not mind although he did tease me this afternoon about leaving him all by himself most of the day! I told him I felt guilty and his comment was "sure you do"!! It was a good day to read!!!
We got a mooring ball out in the bay at Titusville Marine for a few days. I want to go to Kennedy Space Center one day probably on Friday as tomorrow we will spend with Paula and Jim our friends that live here. A day going to Walmart and out to a great Mexican Rest we love here!!! The weather is still wonderful about 88 degrees most of the day today. As usual Lexie enjoyed her dinghy ride to the marina this afternoon and a long walk around the area. She has really been a good dog. As soon as we arrived on the dock at the marine, here they were to greet us, The manatee!! They are everywhere here at this marina. We enjoyed some great piggies in a blanket and baked beans for dinner and all I need now is a shower and my bed is calling me soon! I want to get up and get started early tomorrow. Lots to do ! Love to all, Fran
pics : The Manatee!!! looks like a Mom and her Baby



No comments: