Sunday, January 20, 2013

Days 40-42 of our voyage "Headed to the Keys" ( of course now returning)!!! 1/20/13

Been slack again!!! Its been 3 days since I posted and I must tell all about St Augustine!!! I love his old historic town but our arrival on the 17th was brutal!!! Wind gust 40-45 miles per hour and we are trying to hook up to a mooring ball in the middle of the bay at the marina in St. Augustine!! One hour, and in that hour, I lost, by dropping, our only hook to pick up the rope from the mooring ball with!! I was devastated !!, I cried out to Rodney and said what do we do now!!!! He put me on pilot out in the middle of the bay just doing circles while he made another make shift hook!! I HAD to try again!! After a long prayer asking for guidance and HELP grabbing this rope, I tried again and WA-LA !!! I got the rope hanging on with dear life till Rodney came and helped me secure the line to our boat!! What a fiasco!!! Prayer does work!!!! That evening was not a good time to ask me if I really wanted to travel full time on a boat!!! ha
SInce then the weather as continued to improve and everyday has been a great tourist vacation time!! The museums here are great, history of the town, churches, the Old Fort, restaurants and just riding our bike all over town has been sooo much fun!!! We will spend tomorrow over at the lighthouse, and the alligator zoo. About a mile or so over there but that is nothing for us to ride our bike that far!! Weather looks like it will be great!!! Leaving on Tues morning heading North toward home, next stop??? not sure!!
Including a few pics we took today. Most of the museums will not allow pictures!! Hope you enjoy
Love to all, Fran













1 comment:

Jim said...

Love the pix of you guys!!!