Friday, January 11, 2013

Day 33 of our voyage "Headed to the Keys" 1/11/13

I woke to the most incredible sunrise this morning!! Pic will be attached!! Alarm woke us up around 7am as I wanted to be at Kennedy Space Center at 9am !! Our friends Jim and Paula was our taxi service dropped us off at the entrance and came to pick us up when the place closed !!, We had an incredible day!!!
I remember the space program growing up but to see it all progress from the early 60's to the present was breathtaking!!! When we rode the simulator to ride into space I thought Rodney would come off looking like a ghost, but to my surprise he did well and actually enjoyed it. The 3 D movies of the space lab and Hubble the telescope were great and the 2 hour bus tour to view the launch pad and the building where the space shuttles a assembled, WOW !!, It is the largest one story bldg in the world!! The NASA letters are 20 ft tall and the stripes on the american flag were wider than a greyhound bus, each star is 6 ft ft tall, and it takes 600 gallons to paint it. The entire flag is 220 ft long and 120ft wide. We had a wonderful day and would loved to had stayed a little longer but time was out!!! Rodney is going to help Jim tomorrow with a few things, Paula and I will shop, so we have decided to spend one more day!!! I guess that is what vacation is all about!, doing as you please !! Ha
What a GREAT day!! Love to all, Fran
Pics: a few I took with my iPhone but have more on my Camera to download later !!!











No comments: