Monday, February 1, 2016

2/1/16 Monday Marathon Key, Fla

First I have to say THANK YOU for all the many birthday wishes today!!! It has been a great day! Rod surprised me with 2 tee shirts that I had liked from the Marina in Titusville last week. 
We untied the boat around 8am this morning in the rain. It wasn't a hard downpour so not to bad of a chore. We have really enjoyed Key Largo but ready to move on and see something different. We decided to go to Islamorada for a couple of days and that is only about 25 miles so we just took our time this morning. We arrived around 12noon and to our surprise, NO ROOM AT ANY DOCKS in Islamorada!! We could hardly believe it!! We had plenty of time so cruised on down to Marathon. Guess what no dockage available here either. We do have 2 marinas we left messages with in hopes they will call us tomorrow. We found a great place to anchor in Fat Deer Cove right here at Marathin Key. We spent a georgeous evening sitting on the front of the boat enjoying the nice weather and sunset!! I prepared  Hugh salads for supper and we ate up on the back deck!! What a great evening!! My Birthday could not have ending any better!!!!
We will see what dockage is available here tomorrow morning and may have to make some changes in our route. We figure if there is no place to dock here in Marathon, will there be any in Key West!!!!!??
We will spend some time tomorrow checking all that out before we go any farther.
My love and blessing to all, please pray for a place to dock, I'm not ready to turn around yet!!!
Fran & Capn Rod 

My favorite pic of the day!!! Lexie enjoys a beautiful sunset too!!

What a view!!!

Salad pig out!!!! My Birthday supper!! I tried to get Rod to call and see if a Japanese chicken could be delivered out here!!! Haha!,

No comments: