Tuesday, February 23, 2016

2/22/16 Monday Red bird Creek south of Savannah, Ga

After a horrible night with stomach issues that kept me up the biggest part of the night, we got up and prepared to untie and leave Jekyll Island. Lexie got in a good walk, and by the time the sun came up we were ready to cruise on north again. 
It was cloudy most of the day but a great day on the water!! It was like glass most of the day!! As I have said before on our past adventures through Georgia, it is the most boring part of the trip!! We did not see a house and only one boat all day!!! Just miles and miles of marsh!! But I was thankful for a smooth ride in the water!!
We decided to anchor at Redbird creek about 10 miles from Isle of Hope. Main reason, there is a 3 mile area called Hellgate, that is only about 2-3 ft deep at low tide. If we went through there this evening it would have been very close to low tide!! We know it will be high tide in the morning when we go through and we will have no problems!! 
We can be at Isle of Hope in Savannah by 10am or so tomorrow and have most of the day to sight see!! It is predicted to rain here tomorrow afternoon and severe thunderstorms and high winds on Wednesday. So we may not get any sightseeing in on Wednesday!! Yuk!!! 
We anchored today about 3:30pm in this beautiful creek and sat on the back deck and enjoyed the georgeous view. Then Rod tied an old grapefruit to a fishing line and threw it out behind the boat and we had a BB gun shooting contest!! Oh what you do for entertainment sitting at anchor on a boat in the middle of no where!!! Ha  We did have enough wifi to be able to FaceTime with Allie, our grand daughter and wish her a Happy birthday!! OMG!! I can't believe she is 14!! 
We are able to get a few TV channels!! We did get caught up on a little news. Not having much sleep last night, although I did get a couple of short naps in today, I am going to bed soon!! 
I do have a few pics to share from today!!
Please continue to pray for our journey home!! Love and blessings to all, Fran & Capn Rod 

This guys was in no way bothered by us going by! 

Passing the evening time with a BB gun shooting contest!!  I won but then again I have the nicer gun with a scope!! Lol
I let him use my gun sometimes!!, lol

We are shooting at this grapefruit about 50ft or so behind the boat!! 

Having fun!!! Hehe OMG I sure am ready for a hair cut as soon as I get home!! 

No comments: