Monday, January 13, 2014

1/12&13/2014 Sunday & Monday

Good evening all family and friends!!!  Looks like I am on a 2 Day roll of blogging!!!  Ha  I had a very relaxing day yesterday, Sunday, i only left the boat long enough to walk Lexie for a short walk and returned to the boat!!  Just exhausted from the Color Run walk on Saturday, I just needed a day of rest!!!! So I DID NOTHING !!!!!!  Rodney and Jim went to walmart to pick up some things they needed and the sweet guys they are,they returned with a rotisserie chicken and deli potato salad, with Hawaiian bread rolls!! Paula and I were so happy!!!   Supper delivered!!!
Today, Monday, (we have now been here a week) we decided to take the bike and ride to the Central Florida Zoo!!!! About a 3 mile ride but 84 degrees and sunny it was a beautiful !!! Great bike paths on on the roads so we really enjoyed the trip. It's a small zoo but a very clean well maintained place. It covers 116 acres with a lot of the walkways being in some georgeous botanical gardens. I have attached a few pics we took today, zoo animals are the same no matter what zoo you visit, so nothing out of the ordinary, except!!!  We stopped at a picnic area there in the zoo to eat some snacks of grapefruit and tangerines along with some cheese crackers and a squirrel decided to climb into my backpack!!!!  He ate fruit out of our hand and almost climbed up Rodney's arm !! Great pics attached. 
Returned  home 3 mile bike ride, and I prepared a tastefully simple wild rice and chicken cream soup with cheese biscuits for dinner!!! Invited Paula and Jim to partake with us!!! GOOD supper!!!   Resting this evening I caught Rod in our bathroom in a funny situation!!  A Must see picture I snuck and took!!!  I laughed sooooo hard!!!! Don't worry it's attached as it is too good not to share!!!!!  
It is supposed to rain tomorrow so I don't know what will be on the agenda, we will probably spend with Paula and Jim!! 
Hope all is doing well!!!  We are still enjoying our time here very much!!! 
 Love to all!! Ms. Fran and Capt Rod 

One more picture I received that Paula took at the finish line on Saturday!!!  Covered in powder!!! 

Rod has a hard time staying away from a any gator!!! !! They had one in the zoo almost this big!!

THE RHINOs!!!! They were very friendly and walk right up to the fence!!!

They Decided to swim for us in their private pool!!!

"Big Boy" came to the bench at the window to show us his food bowls and intertained us for a while! Again a very friendly animal, he loved to play!!! 

He would try and touch your hand when I touched the window!!

Macaws!!!  We thought several times they said words!! 


They baby squirrel checking out my backpack!!!


He hung out with us for 3-4 minutes!!!

Asking for food!!!

you can tell we had fun with this little guy!!!!

Why take a book!!!  Just take your technology and cup of coffee with you!!  I never thought I would see the day he would like a computer!!!  Ha  TOO FUNNY!!! 

1 comment:

Island Gypsy said...

LOL
There are no words. Haha