Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Day 9 Tuesday 1/7/2014

Ok!!! I thought this was Florida, way to south to be this cold!!! The temperature today was not above 38 degrees and the wind chill was 22 degrees!!!! Everyone keeps saying just a few more days and you will be wearing shorts and swimsuits!!  Soooo I keep waiting!!!! Ha 
Today was a clean house day and stay inside. Lexie's walk this morning was short and to the business and back on the boat. I almost froze!!!!!!! Coat, thermals, sweatshirt ear muffs, and gloves still did not ease the pain of the wind!!!!
Paula came over and it took us several hours to make out tutu's!!! I know I have mentioned this tutu thing to you several times, so here it is!!!! We have signed up to walk in a Color Run in Orlando on Saturday for a 5k run, or in our case a walk. It will be raising money for food banks here in the area. Our group is call "Who Let The Girls Out!!"  We will be tacky and flashy!!! I will have many photos to share. 
Tomorrow we are going to finish completing our costumes and attire. I'm excited as I have never done this before, but know of many people that have. Could not get Lexie to try on my tutu but did get Paula's cat Blazer to sit still long enough for a picuture with her Tutu. Pic attached
The guys needed a trip to Lowes this afternoon for repair supplies, so Paula and I tagged along!! We had fun following and catching them in their element at Lowes. Pics attached
We stopped at their favorite sports bar for a great supper of gator Bite sliders and fries!!
We came home and just resting up, doing some internet research. 
I'm ready for a shower, and a warm bed (I still have the electric blanket in place till I am sure the cold has passed!!! Ha)
We having fun acting like Snow Birds!!! I guess that is what we officially are now!!!! 
Love to all, Ms. Fran and Capt Rod 

Checking out the Clearence bins!!!


And of course the tools!!!!

Blazer sporting Paula's Tutu !!! Ain't she pretty!!!!

1 comment:

Island Gypsy said...

Can't wait to see your Tutu. You are having WAY too much fun. I was so hoping that you would avoid the Arctic Blast. Like you said, give it a day or two. Your run (walk) sounds like a great time. I am looking forward to seeing the pics. Hugs! N