Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Day 3 Wednesday 1/1/14

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
What a way to spend our New Years Day!!!!  We pulled up anchor this morning at Hilton head Island around 7:30am. I don't think we had any time today it was NOT raining!!!  I never saw the sun one time!! Ha. it was uneventful as Georgia is a very boring state to travel through down the waterway
(I think I posted that same statement last year Ha) 
I saw one group of white pelicans trying to fine some food on a sand bar but it was raining to bad to open the window to try for a picture. We also had 2 small dolphins swimming in our wake for a few minutes at one time, I'm sure God sent them to bring a little light and brightness to an otherwise gloomy day!,
We traveled 87 miles today( our best distance day yet) and anchored this evening about 50 miles south of Savannah at a place called Creighton Narrows ( find that on a map!!) Nothing,and I mean nothing, but marsh is all around. Lexie was a bit disappointed when we did not get the dinghy down for a ride but was content to use her potty patch on the front of the boat to do her business!! I made up to her by giving her some of the ham we had for our New Year's Day supper!! We also had collards and hoppin johns. It was good but not necessarily my favorite. Collards and hoppinjohns from a can? I love fresh cooked!!! Rod loves it all!!!!  Supper eaten, dishes washed, shower and PJ's on, I ready to settle in for the night!!!
Sorry I have no pictures to share, it was not a picture taking day!!!
I do hope all our family and friends had a great first day of 2014 and Rod and I pray for many blessings to all!!!  Please continue to pray for our travel, Much Love, Ms. Fran and Capt Rod 

No comments: