Tuesday, December 16, 2014

12/15/14 Monday underway headed south

7am we pulled away from Jekyll Island marina!! Had a great 2 days but ready to hit the trail south again!!
Traveled 80 miles today and as you will see pictured below we obtain 10-11 mph most of the day !!!  Yeah, Rod was really glad we spent the time and money on getting the drive shaft and propellers cleaned!! Sure did make a difference on the decrease in fuel we used today!!! The dreaded trip across St. Andrews sound was the best ever!!!! We never even had one wave, it was like glass the entire trip across!! Thank you Lord!! I have so few pics as the disaster today was my camera just up and quit!!! Just yesterday I told Rod I really wanted to invest in a new camera!! Oh well I guess now I don't have a chose. The real thing I missed today was 7 wild horses on an island we went passed !! I tryed to get with my iPad but just not good enough to see !!  They were beautiful. We anchored tonight about 15 miles north of St. Augustine in South Pine island cove. 
As usual some housekeeping chores, dinner and a shower we are ready for bed!!!!
I made home potato soup while at the marine yesterday so it was tonight's feast!!
Posted are our beautiful sunrise and sunset today !! It really never gets old to see!! 
Love to all, Fran and Capt Rod

Sunrise as we pulled away from dock this morning!!


Sunset at South Pome Island cove

Here is our track crossing the St Andrews sound look!! 10.7 one time we briefly saw 11.5mph

This navy ship was up on this pedestal for repair wow what a ship and grand sight!!

No comments: