Tuesday, December 23, 2014

12/23/14 Tuesday Palm Beach, Fla

Ok!!! This is our first and hopefully our last day of disaster !!! Got up as planned 6am. Pulled up anchor right at 7am, moved 50 feet, WE HIT A SAND BAR!!!! Boat stopped dead, would not move another foot. Rod did all he knew to do!!! We had to call a tow boat!!! Thank God for good insurance!! He arrived in about 30 minutes and after an evaluation of our situation ( not being able to see under the water) we told me to make sure the inside was stable as he was going to have to rock the boat off the sand bar!!! I tied down and secured all I could, but still my furniture turned over !! After about 30 minutes he was able to get us free and got us over into the channel, over about another 50-75 feet!!! What a mess I had to clean up, but thank you Lord we are safe and nothing was broken!!!! On down the waterway we went, but my stomach never recovered. I was either sick, sitting on the toilet, or lying in the bed pretty much the rest of the day!!!  I was not much good helping Rod with driving or being his navigator all day. About 4pm we found anchorage at Lake Worth in Palm beach. We had traveled 75 miles even leaving 2 hours late this morning. I'm beginning to feel a good bit better so I fix us a little supper and showered and ready for bed again!! Rod is already sitting in his recliner snoring!!! Ha 
Here in Lake Worth where we are anchored the Christmas lights are beautiful I wish a pic did justice to the beauty!!!  Tomorrow is Christmas Eve !!! Santa should be ready by now!! But let's don't forget the reason for the season, the birth of our Lord and Savior!!!!!
Blessing to all our family and friends!!! We love you all!! Please pray for our travels!!!
Fran and Capt Rod

I wish the pic did justice to the beauty!! There were so many down through here but this was on of the best I could get!

These Palm trees were HUGH!!! 

No comments: