Thursday, January 21, 2016

1/21/16 Thursday Titusville, Fla

Got up early this morning and we had the anchor up and moving south on the waterway by 7:05am. 
It was a beautiful sunrise over Daytona Beach as we cruised on through. We had a great travel day. Sunny and 65 degrees most of the day. Only had to go about 52 miles today. 
We arrived at Titusville City Marina around 1pm, and first pulled in to the fuel dock and filled up with 385.5 gals of diesel fuel!!! This is the first we have bought any fuel since we left Georgetown. But did not want to pay the high prices in the Keys so we went ahead and filled up our tanks which hold 800 gals total. We then docked in a great slip that will protect us from the said bad storms coming tomorrow and Saturday. We secured all our lines and tied our home as good as we could to weather the storm. We will stay here 3 nights leaving here Sunday morning early. 
We then took off on our bikes and headed for downtown for some exercise and Rod wanted some KFC!! I guess he is tired of my cooking!! Ha We enjoyed sharing some popcorn bites and fries and a cold glass of tea!! We then discovered an estate thrift store just down the street and decided to check it out. Mostly junk and nick nacks, but I did find me some gold beads for my charm necklace I needed and we found some movies in a DVD $1.00 bin!! Treasures found!!! Hehe
We got back to the boat and decided to take Lexie for a good long walk over to the dog park area at the Marina and me i was able to get in a few more steps needed on my Fitbit monitor!! Been quiet short of my 10,000 steps the last few days!! We saw a georgeous sunset and some really ugly birds I thought worth the photography!! Ha
Back to the boat, watched some TV, ate some leftovers for dinner, and spent some time earnestly looking for a pocket knive Rod has misplaced. How can you lose stuff in a 50 ft living space I will never know, but we do all the time!!! Ha  I'm sure it's here somewhere!! 
Ready for bed, I do pray all of you in the bad winter weather area are prepared !!! 
I'll keep you updated on our adventures here!!
Love to all, Fran & Capn Rod 
Here are some pics from today!! I took 47 today and a great video of the dolphins!!

Dolphins played by the boat all day!!! Kept Lexie entertained!! I videoed a 1 1/2 min video of them today but can't download on the blog!! There was a group of 6 that swam with us for like 2 mins!!  I so wish I could share!! It is great!!!!!!!

Lexie watching the Dolphins ALL DAY!!!

Walking with the big ugly birds!!! Ha  They are Hugh!!!

What a sunset!!

An Osprey caught him a fish and brought it to the sailing mast of the boat beside us this evening!!

Saw this pretty boy sitting just down from our boat this evening!

Rod making sure the boat was tied secure for the bad weather coming!! 











No comments: