Saturday, January 14, 2017

1/14/17 Saturday

We pulled up our anchor at 6:45am this morning and headed on South down the St. John's River toward Sanford, Florida. A beautiful day to travel but we learned a very valuable lesson!!! DONT TRAVEL DOWN THE ST JOHNS RIVER ON A SATURDAY!!! The trip should have taken us 4 hours but it took 6 hours due to all the Saturday boaters!! And fisherman!! I am sure 90% of our travel time today was at a crawl pace!! Our boat is big and makes such a large wake we just had to go so slow past all the other smaller boats!
But we arrived safe and now docked here at the marina for the next month!!
I was in the boat picking up and changing  clothes after we had been here about 2 hours, and I get a phone call and this lady says, are you on a boat at Monroe Harbor Marina? I said yes I am. She said I have Lexie up here in the parking lot of the dockhouse, she was up here wandering around and wanted to play with my dog!!!  So I took off up there and she was happy as a lark she had made a new friend!! She has never gotten off our boat before without permission!! I was scared to death yet so glad she was ok, and I was very glad I had her name and my phone number on her collar!! Quiet a scare!!
We really like Sanford and of course we have great friends Paula and Jim to spend plenty of time with. This Stay will be helping them move into their new land home and off their boat. It's just time they need to move on land again, one day we will too.
We had supper at the marina restaurant together this evening and made plans for the days ahead!! Lol
No pics all we saw was boats, boats, and more boats today!, lol
Much love to all, Ms. Fran & Capn Rod

No comments: