Wednesday, January 4, 2017

1/4/17 Wednesday

In a way it was hard to leave the beautiful island of Matacumbe Key at Islamorada!! But we have been there done that, as we say, so it was time to say goodbye!!!
We untied and took off this morning at 6:50am and headed on back north. We had a VERY hot humid day!! All the windows open and absolutely NO WIND!! Not even a breeze!!
About 3 hours in to the trip and out in the middle of Biscayne Bay, up come this Hugh storm!! We had to roll up all the windows and we thought we would smother to death, but the storm really cooled it down a lot. The stormed passed quickly and left us with a cool breeze that was much needed. We arrived in South Beach Miami around 3:45pm got anchored near Capn Dave Wallace and Angie!
Got the dinghy down and went visiting on their boat for a while. They gave us the scoop on the town and where everything was especially the grocery store! A good old Publix !!! They gave us directions to the dinghy dock and a great park for Lexie, so off we went! Lexie enjoyed her time on dry ground!
I Fixed spagetti for supper, showered, and rested (my kitchen Fairy did the dishes while I showered) and all is well!!! Hehe
Rod is exhausted so he's laying here snoring like a banchie while I right!! Lol  Its 9pm (Oates Midnight) we I wont be long from being asleep myself! Ha
Overall another good ,safe day We are blessed!!  I have no idea what's in store for tomorrow, but one thing I do know is we have never been her before so what ever we do will be a new experience!! Lol
We love you all, Ms. Fran & Capn Rod

Pulling out of our dock space at Lorelei !! It's been a blast!!!
Sun rise just as we got out in the cove of the marina! What a way to start the morning!
LOTS OF DOLPHINS today!! Sure kept Lexie busy!! I am going to try and post a video next of one that swam right at the bow (front of the boat) for 10 mins today. Nope won't let me post a video!! 😤



No comments: