Tuesday, January 13, 2015

1/13/15 Tuesday Sanford Fla

What a great surprise to wake up this morning to incredibly sunny blue skies!!! Rod and Jim left early around 8am to go to the VA Hospital in Melbourne where Jim had an appt and Rod rode with him!! I stayed in bed watching TV for a while then Paula called and said let's walk the river front!!! Off we went for a nice 2 miles of beautiful views, good friend company and wonderful warm temperatures!!! Not to mention some good exercise!! Ha 
When we returned I started some laundry and Rod returned back and wanted to go ride the bike, and we were hungry!! So off we went again and could not resist The Corner Cafe restaurant where we ate a few days ago. I enjoyed a French onion soup in a bread bowl and a small Cobb salad with that great basil and oregano dressing,  Rod had a French onion soup bowl and a Ham and cheese panini. Much needed calories after a long walk!! It does not help much to walk off the calories then consume the calories you burned in one meal!! Ha Oh well!!! It sure was scrumptious !!!!
We then stopped at the Sanford Museum and then went to the new History museum 7 blocks downtown and toured there!! When your married to a history buff, that's what you do!!!! I'll share a few pics I took today!! Since we had such a big lunch we enjoyed a few chicken wings I had in the freezer for supper tonight. I'm now showered and in my Jammys again, resting up for a ride and spending the day at the zoo tomorrow!! Jim and Paula have some appts tomorrow so we won't get to spend much time with them. 
I ask for continued prayer for Jim's son Jamie as he continues to battle all the issues with Cancer, treatment complications and financial decisions. God hears every prayer!!!!! 
Love to all!!! Fran and Capn Rod
As you see by my post each evening I love the birds!! This is a Anhinga!!! Sitting on a tree right by the walkway this morning!!
What a great meal at the corner cafe!!!! That's a small salad!  Ha

The first proto type of the snapper lawn mower was built here in Sanford!!


The new Sanford History museum was the first elementary school. 

No comments: